Thursday, August 18, 2005

The value of preparation

For the last couple of months, I put ITC on the back burner while I was developing my website.Focus I thought, Don't be distracted. And then wondered why I was feeling so discouraged, so out of sorts.
OK ... the website, for better or worse, is now happening, and I gave our debate on Tuesday evening heaps of preparation. The speech went well. I was happy, and felt so much more confident and at peace. Was it coincidence that Valma's confidence tip for the meeting was to be prepared for every presentation? Being pleased with having done my best and having modelled much more appropriate behaviour, life was good again. It extended, then, to the rest of my life. Far more confident to take on new challenges and opportunities; far more creative. Preparation - is - the basis of all good public speaking, but also of confidence.

No comments: