Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Family gardening

I updated the Resources for Families pages over the weekend, and if you are interested, these are the pages updated....

Family Nutrition

Parenting

Books and reading

Teenagers

but I wanted to share this book review that I also added.


All New Square Foot Gardening (Paperback) by Mel Bartholomew

...anyone, anywhere can enjoy a Square Foot garden. Children, adults with limited mobility, even complete novices can achieve spectacular results.

I've rarely seen a more reader-friendly book! It comes complete with layout pages, very consise planting guides, even planting time tables for your area and the amount of time you can store your seeds! If you have never gardened before or started a garden that eventually left you frustrated, then this is the book for you! I just think that you should check your area for agricultural grade vermiculite before you buy the book. But once that little snafu is over, you are going to be amazed at how brilliant and easy this book makes successful gardening. I highly recommend this method for busy people and parents like myself. It is wonderfully easy to maintain, makes loads of produce, and looks very attractive. Two green thumbs way, way up.


Amazon - $13.59

Tag: family, gardening


No comments: